Saturday, August 14, 2010

Well shit :\

Well, I'm finally coherent enough to make a post. I had just finished my recovery week (well, mostly) and was at work yesterday, looking forward to the workout after working....

To make a long story short, I was hauling a compost bin onto the truck, one filled to the rim with wet coffee grounds (yay rainy days -_-) and I braced my core and legs to pull it off up the ramp. As I pulled, something which I did every day for the past 3 or so weeks, absolute fire ripped down through my groin and lower abdomen. So much so, that I was laid flat for about half a minute. Getting to my feet, my left leg, at the groin connector, couldn't take any weight.

Five hours later, after being poked and prodded and xray'd at the hospital, I have a partial tear in my muscle that attaches from the groin area of the pelvis to the thigh area of the leg. Not being an anatomy major, I have no clue about the name of the muscle. I just know that I have to ice it pretty much constantly, and it hurts like a bleeding motherfucker.

So, I'm off workouts (and work) until August 25,2010. Hooray me :\ And even then, I have to check with the doctor (awesomely funny guy, so not much of a hassle :D) to make sure I'm cleared to resume working out.

I know that many that said I wouldn't/couldn't make it will jump on this news like sharks on a pool of chum, but frankly, let them. I don't give two shits about what they think, or about the posts and misinformation they will undoubtedly try to spread about this. I know who I'm doing this whole thing for, and it's not for them, so let them think what they will. Once I'm 100% cleared to resume working out, I will.

I'm just thankful the muscle tore, but didn't seperate. Seperation = surgery = end of workouts for months. With a tear, I should be back on my feet in a week, and back working out, if all goes well, within a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

And now to go get blasted on Percocet again, as my groin muscles are telling me in no uncertain terms: ow. fuck. ow. ow. fuck. ow.

No comments:

Post a Comment